Expert Witness Professional Services provided in the following areas:
Architectural Issues, Architectural Construction Issues, Architectural Standard of Care, American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Analysis, Airports, Building Deficiency Evaluations, Building Evaluations/Conditions Reports, Building Code Compliance Issues, Building Evaluation & Due Diligence Inspections, Change Orders & Correspondence Clarification, Commercial Structure Inspections, Contract Documents & Coordination, Construction Claims Disputes, Construction Contract Administration, Construction Defects, Commercial Design (offices, medical offices), Communication Analysis between Client, Architect & Contractor, Construction Documents Analysis, Commercial Projects, Condominium Construction Claims, Court Testimony, Depositions, Expert Witness Reports, Expert Witness Testimony, Failure Analysis (water infiltration/roofing failures), Facilities Evaluations, Facilities Planning, Forensics, Hospitals, Industrial Buildings, Interior Design, Litigation Support, Material Design Deficiencies, Multi-Family Residential, Office Buildings, Post Construction Building Examination, Principal Planner & Designer, Professional Standards of Care, Programming, Project Management, Research, Residential Architecture (new construction & remodeling), Roof Deficiencies, Single-Family Residential, Slip & Fall, Specification Writing, Transportation Buildings, Water Infiltration.
I have been the lead designer and principal-in-charge of a significant number of noteworthy projects.
I have been the lead Architect for the complete inspection of all NYC owned buildings for the Mayor, David N. Dinkins. This was (and remains) the largest building inspection project ever completed in America. This was a landmark event. I hired, trained & supervised all the architects, who later trained NYC architects to take over the project. This project created a new NYC local law. My work was completed early and under budget.
I helped create first hand held computer software program for inspection of all building types for the above survey.
I am one of six architects that created the first workable ATM’s in the world for Citibank while over hauling 276 Banks in NYC in 2 years time. This created the new Automated Teller Machine (ATM) industry.
I have worked for both the Defendant and the Plaintiff as an expert witness. My responsibility is to express the truth as I understand it professionally, given all the facts I have at the time.
I continue to actively practice in my profession while I teach other licensed professionals. Expert witness consultation is just one of many things that I do. I am easily reachable by email or phone (except when teaching a class). I have Jury experience. I have given depositions. I have never had a professional disciplinary action brought against me. My expert witness testimony is based upon my written reports and they are in harmony with each other.
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA). (1988-Present)
- Westchester Mid-Hudson Region of the AIA. (1988-Present)
- The New York State Association of Architects. (1988-Present)
- The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards. (NCARB) (1988-2010 retired my records)
- The National Trust for Historic Preservation. (1999) (+/-)
- The Environmental Conservation Commission of Patterson, N.Y. (1995-1996)
- Building Trades Association of Westchester/Putnam Counties, Member. (1995-1996)
- Patterson Chamber of Commerce. (Past Director) (1998-1999)
International Conference of Building Officials. Professional Member (2002-2003)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). National & Local (2008-Present)
- National Association of Certified Home Inspectors. (NACHI ) National & Local (2008-Present)
- Independent Home Inspectors of North America. (IHINA) (2008-Present)
- National Association of Home Inspectors. (NAHI) (2008-Present)
- Forensic Architecture, An Introduction. (The first book on the subject of Forensic Architecture, privately published-2000).
- Wrote 140 hours NYS approved Home Inspection Licensing Course in 5 parts. (2006)
- Wrote 15 different NYS approved Home Inspection Continuing Education Courses. (2006)
- Wrote 12 different AIA approved Professional Continuing Education Courses at Pratt Institute for Architects, Engineers and Home Inspectors. (2010)
- Rutgers University, Adult Education Course in Interior Design. (1964)
- Pratt Institute, Substitute Teacher of Macro-Planning. (1974)
- Brewster, N.Y. School System, Adult Education Course in Architecture. (2005-2011)
- New York Real Estate Institute. (2008)
- Ulster County BOCES, Home Inspection Licensing & 15 Continuing Education classes. (2007-2010)
- Cromlech Architect, P.C. (Private NYS approved Home Inspection school) 140 hours NYS approved Home Inspection Licensing Course in 5 parts.
- 15 different NYS approved Home Inspection Continuing Education Courses.
- Pratt Institute, Instructor of Continuing Education for Architects, Engineers and Home Inspectors, (2008 through 2015)
- Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps.
- Chimney & Wood Heating.
- Communication & Professional Practice.
- Gas & Oil Furnaces.
- Hot Water Boilers.
- Steam, Electric and Wall/Floor Heating.
The Arnold W. Brunner Award from the New York City Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (A.I.A.) with Jerzy Glowczewski.
- Founder and Principal of Cromlech Architect, P.C.
- Founder and Principal of Cromlech Architect, P.C. Home Inspection School, Patterson, N.Y.
- 50 years experience in design, construction, teaching and inspection for Government, Corporate and Private individuals.
I have designed or inspected many thousands of major buildings all over America of every type, including:
- Adaptive Reuse.
- Airport Buildings.
- Bridges and Toll Booths.
- Civic Buildings.
- Colleges & Universities.
- Condominium Complexes.
- Co-op Complexes.
- Garbage Transfer Station Buildings.
- Healthcare Buildings.
- Historical Buildings.
- Hotels and Hospitality Buildings.
- Hospital Buildings.
- Industrial Buildings.
- Multifamily Residential Buildings.
- Office Buildings.
- Parks and Public Spaces.
- Parking Buildings.
- Performing Arts Buildings.
- Residential Buildings.
- Retail Buildings.
- Religious Buildings.
- Schools K-12.
- Transportation Buildings.